Bed In Summer

In winter I get up at night                冬日我大清早起床
And dress by yellow candle-light. 借着黄色的蠋光穿裳。
In summer quite the other way,     夏日完全相反,
I have to go to bed by day.           我必须在日间上床。


I have to go to bed and see                 我必上床且看
The birds still hopping on the tree,     鸟儿还在树梢跃荡,
Or hear the grown-up people's feet    抑或聆听成年人的脚声
Still going past me in the street.         仍旧在街道走过我的身旁。


And does it not seem hard to you,    它对你来说难道不为难吗?
When all the sky is clear and blue,    在明亮而蔚蓝的天空当前,
And I should like so much to play,      而我如此喜欢玩耍,
To have to go to bed by day?            却必须在白天就上床?